Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Autoscopy Project

Not sure why this page is formatted this way, but the images are in order of quality, from 0% to 25% to 50%, 75% and then 100%. The original image is of several family members slaughtering a pig (I'm Colombian; sometimes for special events we prepare a pig for a meal called lechona). I photoshopped a picture of myself in a bikini being gutted open by two men with the Instagram and Facebook logo covering their heads. My autoscopy is supposed to represent how vulnerable I sometimes feel about social media. M biggest insecurity has always been about how I look, and sometimes putting myself out there on my Instagram and other social media accounts makes me self-conscious because I'm inviting other people to come look at me, criticize me, make fun of me, point out my flaws, etc. The best way to put it is that I feel like a piece of meat just waiting to be picked apart.




No comments:

Post a Comment