Sunday, November 19, 2017

Animation Tutorials + Videos

From the examples on Santiago's website, what stood out to me were the two Disney ones. It was cool seeing Steamboat Willy and then the Skeleton Dance, and how over time these cartoons were becoming increasingly complex. Steamboat Willy was just pretty much your basic black and white cartoon, while Skeleton Dance really worked on having all shades in between, and incorporated a lot of grey in there. It was a lot more detailed than Steamboat Willy.

The same can be said for the Felix cartoons, the first one was definitely more simple than the Halloween episode, which had a lot more use of shading and design work.

From the Norman McLaren examples, I liked Blinkity Blank, even though it was kind of hard to focus on it because the images did not stay on screen long enough. It was still visually really interesting, and the audio that went with it reminded me at certain points of this horror movie called Sinister.

The sledgehammer video was cool but his face expressions made me uncomfortable. I can't imagine how many hours it took the artists behind MUTO to make all of those individual wall paintings. It's kind of cool to see how you can transform any surface into art. The Brothers Quay example was very creepy, but incredibly creative. The Let Go video reminds me of the video for Do I Wanna Know, by Arctic Monkeys.

I think the most visual appealing ones are the graffiti stop motion video and the music video with the colored pencils. I think the stop motion sculpture could have been more appealing had it used more color, like the other examples I mentioned did.

I can't believe it took two years to do that music video with the candy. That is some hardcore dedication.

I actually follow someone on Instagram who uses a lot of stereoscopy, so I recognized that pretty easily.

Nothing was showing on the page that was linked under Dis 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment